Keeping employees and management engaged with processes, mission and goals is never easy. It is often a big job for leadership as we head into 2104. Around Edmonton and in our part of Canada, motivation must be considered an important aspect of the talent we recruit and hire. It is important for the success of engagement that good people are the foundation of the organization.
Positive actions create the benchmarks for the future. Continuous growth is critical to success. One thing is certain, people and involvement are essential as the 2014 begins anew.
Over 50 years ago, Mr. Dale Carnegie wrote: “Think success. It is easily in your power to do this. Believe it firmly and you will then do what is necessary to bring success about.” This Carnegie definition of engagement and motivation is still true today.
From this simple statement, employee engagement is more focused through the following five keys to success:
- Results: Excellence is founded within hard work and opportunity. Performing consistently and with purpose makes things happen.
- Appreciation: Paying attention to employees in a positive ways creates a culture of optimism and opportunity.
- Truth: Communication and openness go hand-in-hand. Truth is powerful in engagement.
- Simplicity: Focus on common sense and keep everything smooth and easy. Give people the best chance to take risk and accept challenge.
- Influence: Motivated employees do more and achieve more. There is always excellence within an organization and that needs to be continuously nurtured.
Decades ago, Mr. Carnegie knew how to influence both people and teams. His mantra continues today with Dale Carnegie Training here in Canada and across the world. He truly knew how to make friends and to be the best of the best. He paved the way and it is up to us to follow.
This post is shared with you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie NOW- Northern Alberta and Saskatchewan. We would love to connect with you on Facebook.
Photo: Stuart Miles, Freedigitalphotos.net