Leadership across the Edmonton region, Northern Alberta, and Saskatchewan knows that offering opportunity to every employee makes sense and grows success. In every competitive situation, it is the employee who carries the most weight to provide solid products and services to clients and customers.
One main responsibility for every leader is to be a solution finder who maximizes achievement for everyone in the company or organization. It involves ability assessment and high degrees of motivation. In competitive environments, the relationship between management and employees is critical to bring the results needed for opportunity and success.
Leaders who offer support also give the following 12 ingredients to increase both effort and success:
- Respect: Everyone works together in a positive environment
- Interaction: Relationships create involvement
- Engagement: Communication is essential to growth
- Opportunity: An environment built on achievement grows success
- Training: Getting better grows every employee
- Learning: Knowledge is discovering one new thing every day
- Guidance: In every situation, leaders build skills
- Decision making power: The authority to make ground level judgments grows experience
- Teambuilding: Common goals and objectives are completed through others
- Coaching: The true value of leadership is shown through example
- Mentoring: Employees growing other employees
- Information sharing: Open door communication where everything is discussed to better the business
Management that understands that both the workforce and the culture create the setting for effective process and involved planning, is one focused on success. A true team climate is a highly capable one. Hiring employees in this environment is more cost effective, and people stay longer when they feel they are valued. Within a true Carnegie- like environment, participative leadership creates success.
Energizing any organization to produce with positive focus and effort is a hard job that is made easier through teamwork and engagement. Success and team go hand-in-hand.
In relationship to this article on effective leadership, please watch our short video on employee engagement.
This post is shared with you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie NOW- Northern Alberta and Saskatchewan. We would love to connect with you on Facebook.