The tasks of leadership and management today are tied directly to the local economies here in our part of Canada. Growth and opportunity are the strongest drivers for organizational success. Although there is a multitude of challenges every leader must face as we cross into the second half of 2014, there are common areas of focus that support accomplishment:
The engagement and continuous empowerment of people are supported through six avenues:
- Hiring the best people possible: Businesses exist because of human capital. Within our local businesses, the continuous search for good people is a constant effort.
- Allowing risk and managing error: Trial, error and mistakes create and support the learning experience. No one knows results until there is execution. Allow risk in process development and good outcomes will happen.
- Maintaining integrity and communication: Doing the right thing means prosperity for everyone. Relationships that support goals and objectives make sense in every company.
- Promoting training and education: Every employee needs the opportunity to improve both knowledge and skill. Training expands abilities and experiences.
- Keeping teams motivated every day: Engage and involve employees and pay positive attention to every single person will keep the teams stimulated and energized.
- Building honesty, respect and trust: It can take time for leaders and management to build trust and respect. Managers and leaders alike must be ethical and honest to keep the culture healthy.
Leaders here in Edmonton and across the provinces have their hands full as they head into the summer months. Dale Carnegie Training and opportunity go together as leaders accept the challenges of the moment and plan for the future. It is all about winning friends and influencing people and the core principles of engagement.
Leadership Training for Managers is a great course that supports this post; scheduled for Tuesday, May 27th, click here for details and location.
This post is shared with you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie NOW- Northern Alberta and Saskatchewan. We would love to connect with you on Facebook.
Photo: stock images, freedigitalphotos.net