As Dale Carnegie Training and the organizations we supportive here in Canada quickly head into the final stages of 2013, it is critical we remember the fundamentals of Mr. Carnegie’s Principles. Opportunity and success begin with employee engagement and quality leadership. Businesses that make the most of their people in a positive way in exchange for self-worth and professional growth are the ones who head into 2014 with grounded focus and mission.
Dale Carnegie’s efforts have always been centered around people and relationships. Our beliefs are strong; treating people in a positive way and involving them in process will create a culture of success. From Dale Carnegie graduates to customers, business partners, vendors, and staff members, our purpose in Edmonton and surrounding areas is to build positive, steady, and profitable business results for everyone.
Here are three examples of the Dale Carnegie principles that define each and every one of us:
Become a Friendlier Person
- Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain
- Give honest, sincere appreciation
- Become genuinely interested in other people
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely
Win People to Your Way of Thinking
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it
- Show respect for the other person’s opinion; never say, “You’re wrong.”
- If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically
- Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view
- Appeal to the nobler motives
Be a Leader
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement; be “hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise.”
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to
Every organization can find focus for goals and objectives through the classes, seminars, online training, web events, guidebooks, and smartphone apps from Dale Carnegie Edmonton and Northern Alberta. Professional growth is just a click away.
This post is shared with you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie NOW- Northern Alberta and Saskatchewan. We would love to connect with you on Facebook.
Photo: jzcreationsz, freedigitalphotos.net